Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

Summer plans

I've had to change my plans for Oregon this summer. Instead, I took up an invitation from a long-time hiking friend of mine to join her on the John Muir Trail (JMT) in California. She's hiked this trail before and I told her years ago that I would love to do that trail with her if she ever decided to do it again.

So, here are my tentative summer plans:

1. After school is done in mid-May, take a week to clean up the garage and my office. I've been promising Kevin for almost six years that I'll clean up the garage "soon." This will probably be the most boring part of the summer, but perhaps I'll find things I've lost like my two sets of car keys...

2. 21-24 May: Join Donna and ten others for a group hike in Arches National Park.

3. Early June: Do a backpacking weekend with Kevin in the White Mountains. I need to get my back strong again for July.

4. 19-25 June: Erin's flying in for the week with Ethan. We may go to San Diego four of these days.

5. 3-5 July: Spend the holiday in Flagstaff and hike Humphrey's Peak, to get ready for the next two weeks in July...

6. 14-31 July Hike the JMT with Darlene, starting in Yosemite National Park and heading south.

7. 4-6 August (last free weekend before school starts up again) Tentative trip to Dallas to meet old high school friends.


Somewhere in there I have about ten history books to read and a few American classic novels as well.

No comments: