Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A winter storm!

It rumbled earlier this morning and when I looked outside it was drizzling. The mountains were shrouded in grey and the temperatuers were dropping. When I took the dogs out for their run in the foothills my hands were cold; first time this season. We needed what little rain we got.

The storm warning started at 6pm and will continue through tomorrow night, with snow above 5000'. I have to remember to bring in the rest of my plants before they freeze to death. I don't have enough leaves to keep the smaller plants warm.

The birds were busy all day today eating the seeds I had out for them. What a feathered feast we had in our front yard!

I have been fighting a chest cold these last two days. I'm coughing up phlegm balls bigger than gum balls. Tonight my throat feels raw as well. This is not a good time to get sick as I have finals starting this week.

No comments: