Total Pageviews

Friday, February 12, 2010

Reina's ashes

The VCA vet clinic in Sierra Vista FINALLY called me to let me know Reina's ashes are ready for pick-up. I was on my way to the canyon for a quick walk with the dogs when the vet assistant called; I was over there an hour later with 20 minutes to go before closing.

It took over 4.5 months to get Reina back. Initially I was told by the VCA clerk that Reina's ashes would be ready for pick-up "anywhere from one to three weeks." At the five-week mark I went over there to ask what was taking so long. It's not like the crematorium in Douglas is overtasked with incinerating bodies from Mexico. (Or is it?) When I asked about the delay the excuse I got was "They wanted to make sure they spelled your name right!" Oh come on! The name should have been typed in by the veterinian office.

"We tried contacting you a few times" said the clerk, "but all we got was your voice mail that wasn't set up yet." When I checked my phone later I did see a number from VCA from 8 December. There were no other calls from them.

But all is good now. I have Reina back. Finally. Her death still bothers me and I still miss her.

No comments: