Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Leaving for Indiana











Today is my first time in three years that I am driving to Chicagoland for Christmas. Although Chicagoland got hit with more snow today, the drive itself should be eventless for me.
California is getting pounded with heavy rains and that storm is moving over Arizona tonight, but I should be far east by then. A mild temperature surge will follow me eastward. I don't expect to see snow until Missouri.

My van is packed. I plan on leaving soon, but watching the full lunar eclipse last night has delayed my departure by a few hours. The eclipse was beautifully eerie, as it got so cold and windy the darker it got. I lay on the driveway taking photos with my Canon SX210IS point-and-shoot camera, which took amazingly clear photos until the moon lost its radiance and the sensor did not know where to focus. The next full lunar eclipse on a winter solstice will be in 2092. I don't plan on being around for that one.

The house is no where near as clean as I had hoped it would be; the floor needs mopping and some stuff still needs to be put away.

My van is full of stuff for the kids. There won't be much room to get comfy in at all.There's a full moon tonight; I hope the skies are clear enough to see it. It's also winter solstice. I don't want to leave Kevin but I'm looking forward to seeing Ethan again.

No comments: