Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bill is back

Kevin and I were at Applebee's yesterday afternoon for Happy Hour and Bill was there. I wasn't expecting him; he was last reported to be traveling around China. I came up to him and hugged him, as I often to, and asked about his latest travels.

"China is a country to be reckoned with" he said. "Those people are all worried about Service, service, service, something that we don't know how to do here anymore." He stayed in five-star hotels, but he commented that as soon as he'd call in for room service, someone would be at his hotel door with whatever it was that he ordered.

Bill promises me a more detailed trip report of his travels across China. I can't wait to hear them. I want to know what his favorite provinces were, what were the biggest surprises, best hikes, etc.

Did he have language problems in China? "Everyone in China speaks English now" he went on, "And everyone has an English name." How many Sammys did he meet in China?

No doubt China will be a military might against the US in about a decade or so, and China will surprise us since we are more concerned with the Middle East and control of Oil than we are of economic equitty among the strongest nations.

No comments: