Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 1, 2008

"You are obsessed!"

I had to drive Kevin to work this morning since his pick-up is still in the shop for front-end re-allignment. We had small talk on the 25-minute drive to his office near Fort Huachuca. Traffic was light and steady, and we even passed two USBP vans picking up several illegals hiding in the culvert near Buffalo Soldier Trail and Highway 92, a popular hiding spot for illegals.

I told him how much I was enjoying my Master Gardener Course, that I have learned so much and want to learn more, although some of the other students have been gardening for 10-30 years and already know so much more than I that I feel at a disadvantage (and that's why I'm spending so much time reading all the gardening books I can).

My knowledge of the flora around me has expanded so much since I started this course. Now I'm at a point in my learning that I can look at a tree, shrub or plant and see where it needs to be pruned. I look at flowers and want to collect its seeds or wonder how else to propagate it. I see a weed near a sidewalk and want to pull it.

"Gardening has become an obsession of mine!" I finally admitted.
"What do you mean 'getting?' You ARE obsessed!" replied Kevin.

I will be busy later today with the town's Farmer's Market, which will leave me busy until 5pm and then there's a monthly CCMG at the university I want to attend. Tomorrow I'm signed up to plant trees at the San Pedro House all day, and Saturday the CCMG students are on a field trip to Wilcox to tour an orchard and greenhouse there.

No comments: