Total Pageviews

Monday, April 20, 2009

A warm-up is coming

It was a pleasant morning today, with birds twittering as soon as the sun rose. The weather forecast predicts a rising warm-up from here on out, which means the days will be hot and dry and we will have to water our garden more. I even put up the first hummingbird feeder yesterday, after spotting a little guy buzz around the front and back of this house looking for nectar.

I don't mind a warm-up, as we do live in Arizona, but this also starts the fireseason.

However, hearing the birds, smelling the flowers and watching all the various butterflies in the front yard are all joys of living in this part of the world.

I waited until 5:30pm yesterday to walk the dogs so that they wouldn't get too hot. I may have to walk them early in the morning from here on to keep their paws from getting too hot for the pavement.

I am busy with my classes but I can't help but get lost in planning for my summer trip. I'm getting anxious, too, for the birth of Ethan. Any day now, I tell myself, and he will show himself to the world.

No comments: