Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finally, some rain!

Yesterday morning I volunteered at the county extension office, where I busily answered questions from local gardeners. Dying peach trees, mesquite borers and girdlers, organic pesticides were the big questions yesterday. I logged in four hours before leaving.

The sky was dark from the south. Rain? The forecasters were talking about rain on Wednesday so I was a little unprepared for yesterday's storm. I shopped at Lowe's and the rain came down hard on my way home. Perfect timing!

When I got home by 3pm the dogs were happy to see me. The back yard was flooded in parts. That's the first time I've seen that much rain this summer, and I'm not going to complain as the shrubs around the perimeter needed the water.

Pulling weeds will be easy this morning, but I also have to start packing for my flight to Baltimore tomorrow; I'm flying back East to attend Dave's wedding. I'm also going to visit with my sister and friends Jill in DE and Allison and Mike in New Jersey where we are going to hike in my beloved Pine Barrens like we always did Friday nights in Lebanon State Park. I'll miss my first day of class and when I return I'm going to hit the ground running.

No comments: