Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In Limbo

I was up late Sunday night working on an English paper. At 1am local time I got an email from Eric:

...I'm being kicked out of my apartment. Not because I skipped out on rent or was too messy or too loud. But because Derek, my friend and roommate, is moving back with mommy and daddy and I'm being kicked out too because he doesn't want me living with his girlfriend. There's also the amazing part where he told me to make sure I move out at the same time he does so his girlfriend isn't screwed over on the rent.
So, being in a position where my best friend is basically fucking me over without any kind of remorse or respectful consolance, I'm getting the fuck out as soon as possible - and I'm seriously considering Arizona as a viable option. And since I'm wasting my time and money here with two people I thought had class and respect, I think school mY be the best thing. So I would greatly appreciate the following info:
What schools are available out there?
What information or papers would I need to bring?
When would be a good time to make the transfer over there?

That's all I can think of for now. I hope to hear from you soon.

I immediately sent him a reply saying that I was glad he finally got his shit together and decided school is the answer. He's spent the last four years "Finding himself" and working jobs an unskilled illegal immigrant would take. Friends who have all gone on to college are now graduating and he's still at the starting point in his life. I'll do whatever it takes to get him through school but he has to show me he's serious.

I told him he could come as soon as 15 November, but that the house would be a mess since I'm busy with college and Kevin doesn't do a damn thing around the house unless it's his personal stuff he's cleaning up.

So I wrote him back with the Cochise college spring schedule (which came out yesterday), and even showed him UA's schedule. I called him soon thereafter and only got his voice message.

Three more attempts to call him during the day also proved fruitless. All I got was his annoying voice message.

Finally, yesterday afternoon I got another email from him that sounded less desperate:

I think writing would be my best option for classes. Also, I need to talk to dad to see what he's able to do. I need to weigh all my options before I make a move.

That tells me he's back to Ground Zero again. Which means he most likely has decided to stay in Indiana. I'll help him as much as I helped out Erin with her dental classes but I will not go into debt for it at this point. Even when I compared tuition between Cochise College, UA and IU, Cochise's non-resident rates are cheaper than IU for the first two classes. Eric would have to take the standard Liberal Arts courses to get a degree in Creative Writing.

I have opted not to expect Eric here in January. I'll drive home for C'mas and hear from him then what his decision is and I'll honor it. It will also be the last time I stand by for him as I'm tired of his constant indecisions. There will always be a room for him here but the next time he asks to come in he may find the house empty.

No comments: