Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two years later...

I remember the glee I felt when Obama was elected our new president. I also remember the hope I had for change.

The change never came and hope faded. I can't point my finger on just one issue that made me lose hope. It was a number of issues that piled up and got out of hand: the troop increase in Afghanistan. The continued bail-out of big corporations. Pushing his "Obamacare" to everyone despite that requiring even more tax increases for many who are barely scraping by. I'm sure there are more issues that waned hope for me.

So, it was no surprise then that Democrats lost six seats in the Senate. They deserved to lose the majority they had. They hadn't deserved to continue at the helm. Now Republicans are the majority in the House which hopefully means better checks and balances when it comes to appropriations. Not that the Republicans have been fiscally responsible, either these last ten years, but at least there is bi-partisan control in Congress.

I'm not expecting the GOP guys to get along with the Dems or vice versa. But I do want to see more focus on the wants and needs of Americans instead of lobbyists.

Governor Brewer won re-election hands-down. So did Senator McCain for his 5th term. Tom Horne is the state's new Attorney General and John Hoppenthal the new Chief of Public Instruction. The county race is still being tabulated, and it's a very close call between incumbent Gabriele Giffords and GOP Jesse Kelly.

Medical marijuana use was voted down. So was making hunting a constitutional state right.

No comments: