Total Pageviews

Monday, October 20, 2008

I passed both AEPA exams!

The German and Secondary Education assessments, the Arizona Educators Proficiency Assessment (AEPA) scores that I took on 20 September in Marana, AZ came back today via email: I have passed both!

I was quite surprised I passed the Secondary exam. That was no easy feat and I took my time. The entire time I sat in the test room I rued the moment I had signed up for the test prior to completing any teaching methodology exams.

And how cold the test site was! I was the third or forth person to finish the exam and I left as soon as I could to get back outside into the warmth of the afternoon.

The German exam was easy. Perhaps I can dare take the French and Spanish exams next spring and work as a foreign language high school teacher, which is what I was working on my last year in college?

Ironic to be working my dreams afterall, with a 23-year break in the persuit of that dream!

All those late hours reading over teaching websites helped. And working at the elementary school also benefitted me.

I am relieved. The official test scores will be mailed to me. As soon as I can get my resume finished, I will send in an updated one to the only high school in the county that teaches German: Buena High School in Sierra Vista. They haven't called me yet for an interview to substitute teach.

Perhaps education is in my future afterall. After that month in Bisbee I left a bit discouraged at all the failures.

http://www.aepa.nesinc.com/AZ_viewFW_opener.asp

No comments: