Total Pageviews

Friday, May 23, 2008

More Rain!

The winds never gave up last night and this morning at 2:20am I was awakened by winds hitting against the south windows. I jumped up to get the water barrels outside to harvest some of the rain, and this morning by 6am the barrels were full of water.

"Wow" said Kevin as he looked outside, undecided about going on the porch for his morning smoke. It was barely 50F degrees.

The dogs didn't want to go outside, either so I left them inside with the back patio door open for bathroom breaks. If an intruder was to attempt to get into the house I have no doubt that Sara would "rip him a new one."

A featherball rested on a plant hanger on the patio. I had to make a doubletake, not recognizing what that "thing" was. It turned out to be a thrasher resting on the planter edge, fluffed up to stay warm. What this the thrasher that lost its mate two days ago?

My rain gauge measured .5" before I left at 9am for my UA training. I put on socks and my hiking boots and even threw on my fleece jacket to stay warm! Even my fingers, despite hugging a warm coffee mug just before leaving the house for my drive into town, never warmed up.

And with this the start of the Memorial Day weekend, gasoline in town is now $3.69! That's already 14 cents higher than last weekend.

No comments: