Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spittle

That is the kind if precipitation we got yesterday: spittle! The humidity doubled in the late afternoon, reaching 60% as the temperature dropped into the 50s and then 40s later. But as for precipitation, we hardly got anything. "Trace amounts of rain" at best. Willcox and parts further north in the county faired better.

I'm not complaining, as the vegetables surely enjoyed the cooler temperatures, especially the cabbage and beets. They are germinating now and soon I will struggle to keep them from wilting in the hot Arizona sun.

For a few hours last night it was downright cold, but today we are back in the 70s with clear skies and calmer winds. The birds were up early this morning with their choir.

I took the dogs out early today to Hunter Canyon, only to meet a mountain biker and then a man with two beautiful long-haired German shepherd dogs (on leashes). I have to now keep my dogs on leashes if I will continue to meet other morning athletes. I don't want my dogs to ruin other people's enjoyment of the national forest.

No comments: