Total Pageviews

Friday, August 29, 2008

BONK!

After yet another morning of weeding the back yard, picking green beans, killing caterpillars (if I catch any on our edibles, they are doomed), sowing the last of the Bermuda grass and a late afternoon powerwalk with the dogs up Hunter Canyon for the entire 2.5-mile loop, I stopped at the local gas station to fill up Essie. He was half full but with Hurricane Gustav expected to hit New Orleans (some are saying the city will take a direct hit) either Monday or Tuesday and gas prices already going back up because of fears to off-shore platforms, I filled him up. At $3.64 it cost me nearly $38. I remember a few years ago when a full tank cost me $25...

I was not looking at the car door when I walked back to my driver's side and walked straight into the edge of the metal side door. It hit me smack between the eyes and my left cheek. It hurt, and I felt like an ass for not watching where I was walking. Did the two men who were standing near the convenience store witness the event? It bled immediately and my left check below my eye quickly swelled up.

Now I am sporting an inch-long cut in my frow and will most likely sport a bruise on my face as well. Just in time for the family reunion next week!

It rained on and off all day today. The yard is looking lush green and this will most likely be the last month the yard looks this good. There's more grass than weeds but I will leave the weeds for next year. My daily efforts have noticably cut back on the goatheads the dogs track in every day.

More storms came toward us sortly after midnight. More rain is expected to come this weekend. And there may be rain next week as well.

I kept the back patio door open to let in the fresh air. A large green grasshopper came in. No books I threw at it would kill it, but Vinnie eventually caught and ate it. You go, Gurl!


The weather forecast for our town looks wet for a while:
Tonight: Thunderstorms, some locally heavy early will become more isolated after midnight. Low 63F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
Tomorrow: Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. High around 80F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Tomorrow night: Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially during the evening. Low near 65F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Saturday: Windy with scattered thunderstorms, especially in the afternoon. High 77F. Winds ESE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday: Windy with thunderstorms in the area. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.
Monday: A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.

No comments: