Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Still waiting...

For my substitute teaching certificate to come in via email. I met with the TtT program manager for Arizona and he said "soon" although he told the audience that the certificates can turn around within a week. It's been two weeks since I mailed mine off. I can't start work without it.

So...since I was stuck on base again I had time to air up my tires. My front right tire was down to 25psi!!! The recommended pressure for the van is 36. The front left was down to 32.

With two plus hours to spare before my ed class, I had my oil changed as well. It was past the 7000 mile due change anyway and I was tired of seeing the "CHANGE OIL" sign come on every time I turned on the ignition. I hadn't had the oil changed since Laredo last February.

I went to Oil Can Henry's and was out of there within 30 minutes, but also $77 poorer since I opted for the oil cleaning additives and new air filter.

This is part of the vehicle prep for next week's Lake Powell get-together with the family. I'm picking my sister up from Phoenix-Sky Harbor at 10am Monday morning and together we all are driving up to Page for the night, then signing for the pontoon boat early the next morning. We will be sailing up Lake Powell for three days. I hope the weather is nice.

I'm a little nervous about the trip. All the siblings will be there as well and two partners. This is the first time my mother's had all her kids in one sitting in over 20 years. At least we can say it didn't take a funeral to get us all together.

I'll miss the Republican convention though. Bummer. I missed it in 2004 as well because we were moving from New Jersey to Arizona during that time and I could only get glimpses of it via NPR radio, and that was when we were near a town.

No comments: