Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Getting ready for another get-away in the Supes

We are packing up the van for a three-day car-camp tomorrow with a few hiking partners up in the Superstitions east of Phoenix. It's one of our many favorite areas to hike. Hopefully there will be some water after this last storm rolled through. We will average nine miles each of the three days we will be there.

The van will finally get its first family camp-out, complete with dogs and all our gear.

It's already warming back into the 70s here.

Yesterday I went back to the illegal immigrant trail to bag up three bags of clothes. I managed to carry one back to the dumpster where I was smart enough (HA!) to sprain one of my fingers on my left hand on a "bear proof" dumpster. Apparently the dumpsters the Forest Service provides for us hikers are not idiot proof.

Like Kevin said the other day while I was pumping up my Trek's tires "Don't ever handle anything mechanical again!" and right after he said that my bike pump blew off the tire valve and released all the air I had just pushed inside.

No comments: