Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our new neighbors

No sooner that the old tenants next door had moved out (leaving over 30 bags of trash in the front yard) than the new tenants drove in. They are an older couple from Alabama, Ron and Nancy. We met them last night after coming home after walking the dogs.

Ron came here a few months ago on a job invite at the local hospital. HE was impressed with the facility but then wasn't hired afterall. He now works in a related field in town.

"I love the view of the mountains" said Ron as he pointed toward the Huachucas. "I am going to love coming home every night and seeing that view." I agreed, and mentioned the view of the San Pedro Valley and the lights of Naco (Sonora, MEX) in the distance. I feel the same wayabout the valley and the mountain peaks.

Ron and Nancy seem to be good people. They have a Chihuahua, Molly and want to build a brick grill in the back yard. Now Kevin has a neighbor about his age and I'm sure the two men will talk food as both are cooks. I'd rather be outside gardening than inside cooking or doing housework.

Meanwhile, we have had rains most days now, enough to moisten the soil to allow me to dig two more vegetable patches. I am digging up some BARs though, bigger than bowling balls.

Soon I will sow the cool-weather crops. We had a rice medley last night that Kevin made, using our own spinach, tomatoes and sweet peas! It was delicious.

No comments: